Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Obsessed!






Obsession, could there be a better topic for me to discuss? I think not. Here is the pattern that I usually follow: get obsessed with something, indulge in that obsession, form an addiction to that obsession relative to that of a crackhead with, well, crack, and then after an extended period of time, find that obsession repulsive for an unknown amount of time (months-years). Once, I was so obsessed with this computer program called Sierra Home Architect, that I would sit on the computer for like 8 hours straight and build and decorate imaginary houses. It got to the point that I would be playing in the morning before my sister left for work, still be playing when she returned home, and continue to play until I couldn't stand listening to her yell and call me a loser any longer. Finally, one day, I just had no interest what so ever in playing it anymore. I've maybe played it twice in the 3 or 4 years since that original fixation. Once, in middle school, I became obsessed with consuming cheeto puffs and chocolate milk. Literally, for a month or so that is all I wanted to eat at all times, everyday. Other obsessions over the years have included the following: James and the Giant Peach, bean and cheese burritos, dressing like I was in the 1950's, smoothies, and chewing gum (even while at swim practice), just to name a few. I decided that while these obsessions I am about to list may not be as intense as my addiction to cheeto puffs and chocolate milk, they are still memorable and worth sharing. It is human nature to categorize and group things, so I will do just that.






Eats: Champagne Mangoes


Tunes: Jonathan Richman, The Halo Benders (past obsession revisited), Lou Reed- Take a Walk on the Wild Side



Reads: Ready Made magazine



Movies/ TV: Taken(movie), Investigation Discovery Channel (both obsessions probably related to another lifelong obsession- my intense fear of getting chased/kidnapped/tortured/etc.)



Miscellaneous: All things Field Notes Brand (I love making list for everything)


Geoffrey from Ace of Cakes


and of course, my dog Keiko.

1 comment: