Sunday, November 28, 2010

A rose is a rose is a rose is a rose

The obsession to recreate the perfect gorgonzola stuffed date has led to a new obsession:

Find as many creative and delicious uses for a 700ml bottle of Kalvert Rose Sirop I purchased from the Indian market down the street last Weds.

I was on the hunt for rose water for the simple syrup in my date recipe (phase II), but they only had cosmetic use rose water.

The suggested use for "NON ALCOHOLIC SWEETENED BEVERAGES" : mix 1 part sirop to 4 parts "chill milk, water or soda"

But why not alcoholic beverages? Vodka rose tonic anyone? With lime?

As a glaze for savory foods? And, might I add, it made a delightful addition to the simple syrup for the dates in place of the rose water! Any other ideas? I have the rose sirop, let's try 'em all!

No comments:

Post a Comment